Stansted Airport Internet Access
For customers wishing to use their laptops, palmtops and mobiles to access email and the internet, Stansted airport is covered by a wireless LAN (local area network).
Should you wish to use our computers to surf the net there are a number of (UK Explorer) fixed terminals:
- · Check-in Zone A
- · By Pret a Manger in the main departure lounge
- · Inside Est bar near Gates 1-19
- · Near WHSmith at Gates 20-39
- · By WHSmith at Gates 40-59
- · UK departure lounge (Gates 84-88)
Wireless Internet Access
You can enjoy the freedom of wire-free high-speed internet access throughout the airport. Both BT Openzone and T-Mobile provide broadband wireless service so you can stay online while on the move.
Sit down, log on, hit the web, without wires
The wireless hotspots at the airport have been extended to cover arrivals, piers and satellites as well as the departure lounges. Using a wireless compatible laptop or handheld computer, you can connect instantly to the internet enabling you to do much more with the time you spend waiting for your flight to board.
- · Download that all-important file for your next meeting.
- · Access your company's intranet securely, as if you were in the office.
- · Use the internet with high speed broadband access.
- · Check emails and both send and receive documents.
A wireless compatible (Wi-Fi 802.11b) laptop or handheld computer. Most modern computers have a built-in wireless LAN (local area network) card, and many can be upgraded with the addition of a wireless networking card.
What about software?
Your device should run recent Microsoft Windows software, and the service works through your usual web browser, optimised for Internet Explorer 5 or Internet Pocket Explorer.
How do I get connected?
Most wireless compatible laptops are preconfigured and you can access the service straightaway. You need to have a T-Mobile or BT Openzone account - you can sign up securely online or in advance from the T-Mobile or BT Openzone websites, which will provide you with a username and password.
1) Switch on your laptop in the departure lounge.
2) Launch your browser and click on either the T-Mobile or BT Openzone icon when the service is automatically detected.
3) Enter your username and password when prompted to get connected.
If you have any problems, call the T-Mobile helpline on 08081 219 526 or BT Openzone helpline on 0870 240 5745.
How do I pay?
Both services offer a number of flexible and affordable payment options. For more information visit www.t-mobile.co.uk/hotspot or www.btopenzone.com, or ask in a Dixons store at the airport (these links will launch new windows).
What about power?
Even if your battery is flat, we have the answer. Look out for the T-Mobile laptop stations located throughout the airports. As well as power, they provide a dedicated environment in which to work and step-by-step log-on instructions.