Chicago police say two people have died and at least 18 others have been injured in shootings across the city so far this weekend.
The city’s first fatal shooting was reported in the 8400 block of South Bennett around 8:28 p.m. Friday.
Police say a 30-year-old man was sitting on a porch when someone opened fire, hitting him repeatedly.
The man was rushed to the University of Chicago Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead. No suspects are in custody in the shooting.
Just before midnight Friday in the 2300 block of West Harrison, a 22-year-old man was in a vehicle when someone in a red car shot him, hitting him in the lower back.
The man was taken to Stroger, where he was pronounced dead a short time later.
Here’s the rest of the weekend’s shoots so far:
- Police responded to a ShotSpotter alert in the 800 block of North Central Park Avenue at approximately 8:56 p.m., and when they arrived found three men had been shot. No further information on the condition of the men was immediately available.
- A 17-year-old girl was a passenger in a rideshare vehicle in the 8800 block of South Mackinaw at around 9:47 p.m. when a person in a nearby SUV fired shots, hitting her in the left shoulder. Police said the girl was taken to an area hospital in good condition.
- At around 11.45pm in the 3000 block of South Rhodes, five people were standing in a car park when someone started shooting at them. The five victims, a 27-year-old man, a 19-year-old man, an 18-year-old woman, a 20-year-old man and a 26-year-old man, suffered injuries but were all listed in good condition in hospitals in the area, according to police.
- In the 4700 block of South Ellis at around 1:33 a.m., an 18-year-old woman was in a vehicle with a man and had a verbal altercation with him. He then pulled out a gun and shot her in the left hand, and she got out of the car and he fled the scene. She is in good condition in a local hospital.
- Police say a 21-year-old man was standing outside in the 1200 block of North Washtenaw at around 2:10 a.m. when someone in a silver sedan shot him. The man was shot in the pelvis and was listed in good condition at an area hospital.
- A 29-year-old man was standing outside his residence in the 2100 block of West Maypole at around 4.35am when a man shot him, hitting him in the upper left leg. Police said the man was transported to an area hospital in good condition.
- Just after 3am in the 7200 block of South Eberhart, two men were in a vehicle when a white sedan drove up and a man fired shots, hitting both victims. A 22-year-old man was shot in both legs and a woman was shot twice in the thigh. Both victims were in good condition.
- In the 100 block of western Illinois at around 4:30 a.m., a 21-year-old woman was a passenger in a car when a man approached the car and fired shots, hitting both legs. Police said the woman was taken to an area hospital in serious condition.
- Police say a 35-year-old man was shot after a verbal altercation in the 6700 block of South Western at around 11:26 a.m. The man was taken to an area hospital in good condition.
- A 22-year-old man was in a vehicle in the 4400 block of West Chicago around 1 p.m. when he was shot in the arm. Police said he was transported to an area hospital in good condition.
- In the 800 block of East 130e Around 2:05 p.m., a 36-year-old man was in a parking lot when he was shot in the left foot. The man was transported to an area hospital in good condition, police said.