Canterbury floods in pictures: heavy rains and rising flood waters hit hard
Heavy falls from Storm ‘Code Red’ in Canterbury cause flood waters to rise, cutting off electricity, threatening lives and property in Christchurch and beyond.
* Lapping flood waters at the eastern gates of Christchurch as the storm hits the city
* Greenkeeper ‘devastated’ after damaging Canterbury Central Golf Course
* Canterbury floods: what causes the huge heavy rains?
* Farmers were airlifted to safety as the Canterbury River bursts its banks
* Canterbury floods: what you need to know about road closures
* Canterbury floods: state of emergency in Ashburton and Timaru, thousands of homes in danger
Below are photos of what things looked like on Sunday, as Canterbury was hit by heavy rain.