Changes to Buffalo Harbor State Park for “Thunder on the Buffalo Waterfront” Air Show
BUFFALO, NY (WKBW) – Several changes will be made to Buffalo Harbor State Park for the “Thunder on the Buffalo Waterfront” air show.
Temporary changes will be in place on the weekend of June 18-20 for the air show.
Trainings will take place on Friday June 18 from 12:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. and the air show will take place on Saturday June 19 and Sunday June 20 from 12:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. on both days.
Buffalo Harbor State Park says the following changes will be in place for the weekend:
- The boat launches will be closed at dusk on June 17 and will reopen after the show on June 20.
- In addition, the cartop launching ramp will also be closed for the same period.
- Customers wishing to drive into the park and see the show will pay a vehicle use fee of $ 20 for a parking spot. There will be no presale tickets available and it is on a first come, first served basis.
- Active duty military personnel and veterans will be allowed to attend practice free of charge on Friday, June 18.
- Spectators on foot or by bike are welcome to enjoy the show from the park’s green space.
- No camper or RV will be allowed in the park.
- Empire passports and other NYS Parks parking programs will not be accepted.
- Sun Life Marina slip holders are to use only the North Ohio Street entrance. Slip holders with a valid parking pass will be permitted on the lot on a first come, first served basis.
- Customers interested in dining at Charlie’s Boatyard will need to enter the Ohio Street entrance and purchase a $ 40 food voucher to use at the restaurant on the day of purchase.