Hero Tesco buyer bravely pulls the burning vehicle away from others moments before the fireball erupts in a busy parking lot


A Tesco HERO buyer bravely pulled a burning vehicle away from shoppers moments before it burst into a fireball in a Tesco parking lot.

The driver risked injury by pulling the burning vehicle away from other cars and supermarket shoppers in Plymouth, Devon, witnesses said.

4

Footage from the scene shows the blue car completely engulfed in flames
Plumes of smoke could be spotted from miles away

4

Plumes of smoke could be spotted from miles away

Buyer Katrin Ruth Cummins, who shot a gruesome video of the incident, said PlymouthLive that the car owner was standing behind the vehicle.

They were thought to be waiting for an ambulance to arrive after the fire broke out – shortly after 4 p.m.

Images show the blue car completely engulfed in flames as a huge cloud of black smoke swept across the sky on Saturday afternoon.

“[We were] about to go to Lidl and we saw a fire at the end of the Tesco parking lot, ”Cummins said, speaking of the scene before the fire went out.

“The fire is really big,” she added.

“I thought the fire [was coming] from the charity store, so we checked it to see if it was a car.

“Then the car owner would stand behind his car and wait for the ambulance to come.”

As the video zooms out, it becomes evident that the plumes of smoke can be spotted from miles away.

Local residents who spotted the smoke praised the “brave” driver for moving the burning car away from shoppers and other cars, to protect others.

“The car caught fire while in a parking lot near the entrance,” said a witness.

“The guy jumped in and drove him around the back parking lot where it was clearer so he wouldn’t let other cars parked nearby catch on fire as well.

“We were parked in three places.”

A fire engine could be seen arriving at the scene of the fire

4

A fire engine could be seen arriving at the scene of the fire
The car appeared to be completely engulfed in flames

4

The car appeared to be completely engulfed in flames