Roundup Crime: Drugs, Assaults | New
Recent arrests by Johnson City police include:
• Brandi King, 40, 269 Gregtown Road, Jonesbo-rough, was charged on April 25 with shoplifting, trespassing, burglary, simple possession of methamphetamine, resisting arrest and misdemeanor avoiding arrest. At approximately 10:22 p.m., officers responded to the Walmart Supercenter, 3111 Browns Mills Road, with reference to a shoplifting call. Police said King used the self-checkout ledger to outsource many items, as well as swap tags, causing items to sell for much less than their actual price. King passed all the outlets without paying a total payment of $ 242.17. When she attempted to apprehend and take King into custody, she fled from the scene and resisted arrest while in custody. Additionally, Asset Protection provided a signed Walmart Ownership Restriction Notice on July 23, 2020. King has already been convicted of shoplifting as of September 2019 and a records check revealed a failure to appear. in Washington County. King was being held in the Washington County Detention Center on $ 5,000 bond.
• Christopher Glenn Clark, 41, 176 Avondale Drive, Myrtle Beach, SC, was arrested on April 22 on a charge of aggravated assault after someone said he was shot twice with a flare. This happened in the area of West Walnut Street and LP Auer Road. Clark was served with the warrant while in custody at the Washington County Detention Center on unrelated charges that arose after this incident. He was being held on $ 15,000 bail.
• Piper Webster, 32, 501 Pilgrim Court, and Randy Bowman, 49, 203 Hamilton St., were arrested around noon on April 22 on drug trafficking charges after police responded to a report that a stolen vehicle was in 502 N. Broadway St. Officers arrived, spoke to Bowman and Webster, and found Webster had methamphetamine, other narcotics, bags and scales. Webster and Bowman were taken to jail on narcotics and stolen vehicle charges. At the detention center, it was discovered that Webster had extra methamphetamine on her and Bowman had marijuana on him. Webster was held on bonds of $ 24,000 and $ 5,000. Bowman was being held on $ 5,000 bail.
• Dennis Hartless, 41, 2610 Plymouth Road, App. 212, was charged on April 22 with vandalism after police responded around noon at Sunoco, 1001 S. Roan St., in reference to a suspicious man. When the officers arrived, they spoke to Hartless. During the investigation, Hartless damaged the rear passenger door of a Johnson City Police Department cruiser. Hartless was taken to the Washington County Detention Center, where he was held on $ 1,500 bail.
• Douglas Smith, 33, 1619, chemin Bell Ridge, apt. 604, was arrested on April 21 for criminal possession of Schedule VI narcotics and possession of drug accessories. Officers stopped traffic at 7:36 a.m. for a traffic violation. When the traffic stopped, an odor of marijuana was noticed by an officer. A probable cause search was carried out on the vehicle which resulted in the discovery of 287.5 grams of marijuana inside the passenger compartment with a set of digital scales. Smith was arrested and held in the detention center from Washington County on a $ 1,500 bond.
• Dalvin Robinson, 28, 103 Sequoyah Drive, No. 6, was arrested on April 21 on charges of being a convicted felon in possession of a handgun. Officers arrived at 1706 E. Main St. at approximately 11:15 am to investigate someone making threats with a firearm. Officers spoke to Robinson upon arrival and determined that he had pointed a handgun at another man in the parking lot. Officers found a Smith & Wesson handgun that had been placed in a Ford F-150 pickup truck. Robinson was convicted of a felony by the Washington County Criminal Court. He was held in the Washington County Detention Center on $ 7,500 bond.
• Jessica Marquette, 24, 2619 Louise St., Johnson City, was arrested on April 20 for a Schedule IV drug offense. Officers received information that an arrest warrant against Marquette was pending for the sale of Schedule IV narcotics. Officers were told Marquette was being held in the Washington County Detention Center on other charges. Johnson City Police served the warrant at the detention center. She was being held on $ 1,000 bond.